When it comes to gardening, tilling the soil is an important step. But what kind of tiller should you get? There are many types of tillers to choose from and each has advantages and disadvantages. In this blog post, we will discover what the best garden tiller on the market is and help you find one that best suits your needs!
What is a garden tiller?
Garden tillers are useful for a number of tasks. They make it easier to turn or loosen the soil to make it easier for water to reach the roots of plants. They can also be used to mix compost or fertilizer. They are therefore a must have equipment for gardeners and small-scale cultivators.
There is, however, a big difference between a cheap gardens tiller and the best garden tiller. Cheap does not necessarily refer to the amount of money you have to hand over, it can also refer to the quality of the material used to make the tiller and most importantly, its durability. This is why we bring you reviews for the best garden tillers you can get on the market. They are built to last and have been tested extensively by specialists all around the world. These specialists are real-life gardeners who have had experience and we are therefore certain that these are the best.
Benefits of having a garden tiller
There are many great reasons to buy a garden tiller. For one thing, it will help break up the ground to a perfect level. This is necessary in order for roots to grow properly and also so that water can seep into the soil more readily. A tiller will also turn over organic matter to add nutrients back into your garden plot. And if you have any bodies of standing water nearby? You’ll want a tiller as well because they are wonderful at getting rid of weeds and moss from these areas!
Types of Garden Tillers
So, they are great, but what are the different kinds of garden tiller that you can buy?
* Hand powered tiller – this is for those of you who love the idea of working out and getting your heart pumping! They are easy to use, but also a little bit more difficult than some other models.
* Gas-powered tiller – these work best if you have a big garden plot that’s hard to cover because they can go in deeper into the ground than any hand-powered model and do so much faster too. You’ll need an extension cord with most models in order to keep from running out of power halfway through your day as well.
* Battery powered tillers – not only super convenient (you don’t even have to worry about having gas or electricity!), but many people find them easier on their back when pushing them around as they are considerably lighter and easier to move than their gas powered counterparts.
How to use your new tiller properly
Here are some tips about how to use your new garden tiller correctly.
* Whenever you’re using a tiller, make sure to stay as far away from the plants or trees in your garden as possible. It’s easy to accidentally dig up roots and hurt fragile plants that way.
* Always start out with shallow tillers if you have delicate undergrowth like ground cover or flowers so they don’t get uprooted by accident too easily. You can always go deeper into the earth later on when it’s been softened up more thoroughly first!
* Don’t forget to use some kind of mulch over top of everything once its time for planting seeds – this helps prevent weeds from taking root again afterward and is especially helpful during winter months when there are no longer any leaves around to protect the soil beneath them.
So, now we know a bit more about them lets look at our top 6 garden tillers on the market today. And, of course, we’ve included a handy link to Amazon so that you can get one at the best possible price.
Top Pick: Troy-Bilt TB146 EC 29cc 4-Cycle Cultivator
Troy-Bilt’s 29cc 4-Cycle Cultivator is perfect for turning and loosening soil. It has 6 heavy duty tines which allow you to cultivate up to 5 inches deep. Equipped with a garden cultivator can be adjusted from 6″ wide all the way up to 12″, making it a versatile, powerful machine that will easily tackle any job. Designed with the Troy-bilt QuietFlow technology, this cultivator runs smoothly while avoiding excess vibration and noise normally associated with other models in its class. Whether working on your flower bed or just tending your vegetable garden one of the most important factors when dealing with cultivating is ensuring you have proper tools at your disposal – enter Troy-Bilt’s TB146 EC 29cc 4-cycle cultivator
This cultivator has an adjustable width from 6-12 inches ensuring that of all types your garden needs. And when you’re finished, cleanup is also easier than ever with it’s no mix engine design!
- This powerful and versatile cultivator is designed to cultivate flower beds and vegetable gardens;Integrated grab bar
- Equipped with a 29cc 4-cycle engine does not require mixing oil and gas and has a 6-12 inch adjustable tilling width
- 6 premium steel tines are ideal for culivating up to 5 inches deep
- The SpringAssist JumpStart technology allows the engine to be started without pulling a cord (engine starter sold separately)
- The folding handle design saves storage space
Sun Joe TJ603E 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Tiller and Cultivator
Bring your garden to life with the Sun Joe 16-Inch Electric Tiller and Cultivator. This unit is small enough to work on a deck, balcony or porch – but offers plenty of power for in-ground use (up to 8″ deep). The easy storage handle folds over for transport, while wheel adjustment provides 3 soil depth settings.
And when it’s time to plant again next spring? Push the tines through the winter season so they’re ready for planting right away! Killing lawn weeds is no fun. When you have a pesky weed that just keeps coming back, it’s tempting to reach for the weed killer and get quick satisfaction. But be careful – the toxic chemicals in that fancy bottle of herbicide can’t break down fast enough for natural ecosystems, let alone your skin! There’s another way: pull up the weeds with Sun Joe’s corded electric tiller.
With our time-saving tool, industrial workers achieve amazing results without grunting or gasping under a sweltering sun. With three different seating positions (easy rolling on solid ground, simply push to till), everyone from teenagers to company CEOs can use this powerful machine to cultivate a 16-inch wide x 8-inch deep area in no time at all.
- DURABLE: 6 Steel angled tines for maximum durability and performance
- EASY STORAGE: Handle folds for convenient storage and easy transport
- WHEEL-ADJUSTMENT: 3-position wheel adjustment
Greenworks 40V 10-Inch Cordless Cultivator
This cordless cultivator is great for your garden! It’s got rotating, adjustable tines that give you the option to loosen the dirt and dig out any harmful weeds. Adjustable to 8-inch or 10-inch wide with a range of cultivating options, this handy tool can have your backyard looking great in no time at all. Get it now before summertime rolls around and let the Greenworks cordless cultivator do all the work for you. This cultivator is perfect for small garden patches from 5 to 7 foot wide. Ideal use of this product includes: picking up clippings and leaves, breaking down light-weight rocks and lumps, making space for planting seeds or bulbs, storing moisture deep in the earth.
It comes with a host of accessories and spare parts designed specifically for these hand tools– so you can find the right tool for the job– whether it’s corn trimmers or tall weeds down to nubs!
WEN TC0714 7-Amp 14.2-Inch Electric Tiller and Cultivator
The Garden Tiller is an absolute must-have for any gardener with a large lawn and/or garden. The tiller can churn up soil 7 inches deep and 14.2” wide, so it’s perfect to tackle your expansive terrain! With its powerful motor that generates 7 amps of power as well as 16 sharp blades, this machine will clear rocks or concrete blocks without breaking a sweat (literally). It also comes equipped with two removable 5 inch wheels which make transporting the device after use easy breezy – no more lugging heavy objects around while you’re huffing and puffing on your gardening duties!
This tiller cultivator is a great tool for anyone who wants to till and cultivate soil. Two removable 5-5/8-inch wheels allow you to transport the unit easily from one location to another. Overload protection automatically stops the motor during contact with hard rocks, concrete, and other immovable objects.The powerful 7-amp motor generates up to 380 rotations per minute, allowing the tines to penetrate hard soil and weeds with ease. This electric cultivator is ideal for those who want an easy way of cultivating their garden or lawn without having to deal with gas or oil problems.
- Till soil and weeds up to 14.2 inches wide and 8.7 inches deep
- Powerful 7-amp motor generates up to 380 rotations per minute
- Four reinforced steel tines boast a total of 16 blades for easy cultivation
- Features two removable 5-5/8-inch wheels for easy transportation and storage
- Overload protection automatically stops the motor during contact with hard rocks, concrete, and other immovable objects
Earthquake 31635 MC33 Mini Tiller Cultivator
The Earthquake MC33 Mini Tiller Cultivator is the most powerful tiller in its class. With a US-based support team and industry-leading 5-Year Limited Warranty, this cultivator is built to perform.
The MC33’s Viper engine is one of the largest, most powerful engines in its class. This overhand control reduces bouncing and jumping so you never have to worry about removing your plants by accident! You can cultivate up to 7″ deep and over 21″ wide with this versatile tool that includes weeding, mixing, aerating – in fact, almost anything imaginable.
TIP: If you want to use this tiller in hard soil, simply remove the wheels.
TIP: To reduce vibration, place a board or something similar under the handlebar while using this machine.
- VERSATILE – Perfect for weeding, mixing and aerating your garden soil
- CONVENIENT - On-board wheels adjust for transport and depth control.
- CONTROL - Overhand control reduces bouncing and jumping allowing you to remove the weeds, not your plants.
- POWERFUL - This cultivator's Viper engine provides plenty of power to work gardens of all sizes.
- RELIABLE - With a US-based support team and industry-leading 5-Year Limited Warranty, this cultivator is built to perform.
Earthwise TC70016 16-Inch 13.5 Amp Electric Tiller/Cultivator
The absolute BEST electric garden tiller for all the avid green thumbs out there. If you’ve reached a point where your soil is too hard-packed to be turned, we’re committed to providing just the right tool for the job with this Earthwise TC70016 16-Inch 13.5-Amp Corded Electric Tiller/Cultivator! With six adjustable tines that are 11″ to 16″ wide and an impressive 13 amp power motor, this beast can make quick work of any tough garden problem you throw at it. Who could live life without earthworms? NO ONE!!! So, that is why you should take care of the most important part of your yard with the Earthwise TC70016 16-Inch 13.5-Amp Corded Electric Tiller/Cultivator to ensure it always looks its best.
Whether you want tidy garden beds, freshly turned soil for gardens and lawns, or evenly planted rows in a vegetable or flower bed, this tiller is ideal for all types of projects as an easy way to use some elbow grease without having to do manual work! It offers six adjustable tines that can be spaced from 11″ wide at one end to 16″ on the other – perfect for any sized project. The powerful AC13 amp motor gives it more torque than most electric tillers (making it great even with deep soil).
- 6 adjustable tines
- Adjustable 11" To 16" Width/ 8" Working depth
- Powerful 13.5 amp
- Comfortable ergonomic handle. Assembled product dimensions (L x w x h)-40.00 x 19.00 x 42.00 inches
- Lightweight, easy to operate, and convenient to store.Tine length:16 inch
Thanks to these amazing garden tillers, gardening has never been easier. These tillers/cultivators will definitely make you want to spend more time in your garden without the fear of aching backs, sore legs, and tired muscles. We have included models from reputable manufacturers which have been proven to provide good results and great service for a reasonable price. The garden tillers we have covered here are made to be durable and are powerful enough to save you hours of back-breaking work no matter what the hardness of the ground. These amazing machines will make sure even the most stubborn, baked, and weed-infested soil can be turned into soft earth in a matter of minutes.
So, if you enjoy gardening but hate hard work then these garden tillers are for you. Get yourself one at a great price today.